Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A God-incidence

More from the Jen:
Jesus gives life and hope, as is evidenced by my testimony of our time in Hong Kong. Life is difficult, I’ve been lonely, I’ve been grumpy (Roy can attest to that!), I’ve been sad…but God keeps reminding me of truth--I need Him. So as He holds me and reminds me, I run to Him and today is proof that God is truth. I ran to Him this morning in prayer…

The day didn’t seem to be going great, but I need to run to God for hope, not to my circumstances. Roy and I ventured to Central to the IFC Mall for lunch, and received a free sample of chocolate mousse! Mmm…delicious. Then Roy left for his chess class and I sat down to read at a table with two chairs. As is normal custom in Hong Kong, a woman came up and sat down (but she asked if she could first). I wanted to talk with her…that must be a God-given desire because it happens all the time--in the elevator, at a restaurant, at church, in a store, in the pool--I always want to talk to people. Or at least I want to introduce myself and find out who they are. So anyway, I saw her looking at the book I was reading (Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney), and then I asked her if she worked in Central. She replied and we ended up chatting for about 30-45 minutes! She was very sweet, probably about 40-45 years old, could understand English pretty well and speak decently. I had a great time. She didn’t mind talking…I think she wanted to chat. Praise Jesus for setting up that meeting! We parted ways and I headed for the tram.

I got off the tram at a Park n Shop and bought a few essentials (bread, jam, canned fruit) and a few snacks for Roy (juice and dried raisins). Yay, I get to serve Roy and love him by keeping his PB&J sandwich stash full and by buying him extra treats, like juice! We mostly drink water so far…it will be so nice to have an apartment!

We made an offer on an apartment; we may have it! We’ll fill you in on the details in good time.

Thank you, those of you who are praying for us! God blessed Roy and me to be invited out to eat after church on Sunday--what a blessing it was for me to chat with women!!! I miss that! Haha… I can’t express how great it was; what a relief. Ah!

Keep praying for these things:
Christian community for Roy and me
Apartment stuff to go smoothly and the move in to go well
Guidance and motivation for a job for me (Jen)
For us to love people like crazy for Jesus
Our marriage as this time is a strain for both of us as we are getting situated
Wisdom and spunk for Roy in his job, recruiting schools, teaching kids of all different chess levels, planning and running events, etc.
That we would cling close to God

No comments:

Post a Comment