Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baking Fun

Jen here. The kitchen has had an exciting few days, receiving 3 cast iron pots and an oven. This is a joy to me. :)

Roy's boss Grace let us borrow an oven (from her cooking program), so now I can bake! Yay!

Check out the oven...it is tiny. The pan in it is an 8 in x 8 in square pan. And yes, that is our microwave underneath it...It is not an illusion, the microwave is bigger than our oven. :) The oven is small, but mighty. In only two days it has made 34 mini muffins, 3 loaves of banana bread, one baked apple and one 8 x 8 pizza. Mmm... What a blessing to be able to bake...and to cook meals.




And to the right you will see some of the mini muffins I made along with two loaves (all banana bread recipe). The kitchen isn't completely outfitted yet--we have no silverware. We do have at least 4 or 5 pairs of chop sticks, so I used chopsticks to get out the muffins from their pan and move them to the cutting board to cool. Fun.

On a scale from 1 to 10, my chopstick skill used to be 3. After 3 weeks in Hong Kong, my chopstick skill is about a 7. Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is some intense baking! Roy, you are a blessed man! I honestly don't remember the last time someone made me baked goods. Probably my mom at like Christmas, or whenever the last time I was home...wow...I think that was Christmas...I should probably call my mom.

    ReplyDelete