Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gaming

This is Jen. Yesterday Roy and I took the tram to Causeway Bay, walked along the water, rested in Victoria Park, looked at a few apartments and won some video games. :) Okay, we didn't actually win video games, but we got a score high enough to win a t-shirt. There were some people advertising an HTC phone, kind of like the iphone. If you played a game on the HTC and scored over 5,000 points, then you would get a free t-shirt. The game is this: a bouncing cow is on the screen, along with many small platforms (much like you'd see on a Mario Bros game) heading upwards. The goal is to get the cow as high as you can without the cow falling to the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure how far up you can go; it just keeps going and going. You tilt the phone to the left or to the right in order to move the cow left or right (it continuously jumps). Roy played and died after ~2,000 points. Then I tried (I wanted to win a shirt for my man!), keeping my hand steady and not making any quick movements, my cow kept moving up. I made it to over 5000 points, so I won! Yay! And now we have a black t-shirt with little neon green bugs and letters on it...It was fun to get back to the kid in me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jenny!! So sorry Roy :( MOM PS. Enjoyed talking last night or was it morning? Don't forget to give me an address when you get an apartment.

    ReplyDelete