Friday, June 4, 2010

Lei Yue Mun Seafood (Part 2)

Jen here. Thus continues the description of our seafood dinner at Lei Yue Mun. I'll make this post brief.

In addition to the seafood previously mentioned, we also had razor clams. I've heard of razor clams, but never seen them. Their appearance is very peculiar. The shell is a narrow, long cylinder and the meat is pretty tough. A friend in Washington once told me razor clams would be great for clam chowder. I believe her. The clams weren't bad; in fact, I had many pieces of it. They were just a little tough and chewy. I'd like to buy some and make clam chowder!

Squid. We didn't select this one from the tank; I believe G chose it off the menu. I would have liked to see this squid in real life. Its tentacles were thick. It was meaty. I enjoyed it. The squid wasn't as tough as the razor clams, but it wasn't tender. If you took the end of one of his tentacles, you would have a hard time biting through it. If you tried a mid-section of a tentacle, it was like eating a solid, homemade, thick potato fry. Not too fishy. Good.

I don't remember if we had anything else--so much to remember! What a delicious seafood feast. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've come a long way from Idaho. That's all I'll say. Brave girl.

    ReplyDelete